Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Zion, UT

Long time no post, but apparently being in the US makes me blog-lazy. I've just arrived in London, England, for my grand semester abroad studying at UCL.

But before getting on to the details of England, I never posted pictures from my family reunion in Zion, Utah. First of all, Zion is one of my favorite places in the world. There is nothing so humbling as the sheer faces of rock on all sides of you. The family rented a house for the week nearby, which was plenty cozy for all 15 of us to enjoy ourselves.

On a sad note, I have learned that allergies suck. Apparently me and cottonwood trees were never meant to be. Unless accompanied by copious antihistamine.

So, a few pictures!
Views from within the canyon, and a cool rock face (top right) that I wanted to take a picture of.


Epic view from the top of a hike my brother and I did. He complained a lot. But SO WORTH IT amirite?


Inside of the living room in the house we were staying. My cousin Jeff perched with the tripod, always at the ready. Never a moment of HD goodness lost.


Fun fact: every year at this family reunion, we have a competition. You might think, "Oh, that sounds like some good family fun! What a great way to bond." But really, if you know our family, you think "Oh god, that's a horrible idea." Because we are all super competitive type A personalities. Even if you don't know the rest of my family and you just know me, you probably know how competitive I am. Multiply that by the entire family. It can get intense. But anyway, this year's competition was a golf competition, which I vote as an unfair competition on the basis that I am not good at golf. I did get some good T-offs for my team, however, and we survived the heat at this fine Mt. Carmel Junction luxury golf course.
(My team didn't win. I'm over it.)


Zion is a contemplative place.

More to come about clouds, driving on the wrong side of the street, and weather that is nowhere near 110 degrees Fahrenheit. w/e

1 comment:

Followers