Blog Archive

Monday, October 24, 2011

Canary Wharf wandering

So, turns out it was a while ago that I actually went to Canary Wharf, but here I am with old pictures and an empty new blog-post/canvas to fill with whatever I want. And so I'm posting pictures of our adventure to this major business district of London.
First off, you should know how impeccably clean this place is. Most of the places I've been in London have been actually surprisingly clean, in a noticeable way that can make you feel strange sometimes. Especially at Canary Wharf, where the buildings are made of glass and the ground is a spotless light concrete. It's a little intimidating.
Anyway, I don't feel like typing too much, so I'm just going to post the pictures. 



Tallest building (currently) in Europe: the Canada One building

Just Broseph overlooking the Thames and contemplating Scandinavian architecture.

On the left is Andras, who was the one who took us down to Canary Wharf in the first place. He works at the UCL department of biosciences with us Pomona kids. But important in this photo is how bored the statue is with their conversation. And how Joseph posed for this picture trying to be nonchalant. Did he succeed?

There were quite a few sculptures sprinkled around the area - as far as I could tell this was a sort of Trojan Horse reference. It was cool.

This was just cool. I have no idea what it was supposed to be.

Looking over the Thames back at central London. You can see the Gherkin in the left picture.

And yet again, the grand Glass Shard in its embryonic stages.

Sidenote: I've been trying to go through my iTunes by artist alphabetically to listen to all the songs and create a huge playlist. I started something like a month ago, and I'm all the way to 'Bea' for Beatles. Wooooo!
kbai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers