Blog Archive

Friday, June 3, 2011

My Digs

So, here's where I'm living:


It's actually really nice. There are four other girls that live in the house who also go to the University of Heidelberg (where I work), and I actually haven't met one of them, but the others have been great! Hooray. (And they all speak English yayyy and so does pretty much everyone yayyy)

Various pictures from walking around the city some more:

Bridge going across the Neckar

Not a super quality picture, but CUTE

My attempted panorama of an area called the Neckar Wiese (="Neckar Meadow"), which is just this large stretch of green grass right on the river. Super beautiful, and in the afternoons it gets super packed with people having barbeques, drinking beer, playing 'football', reading, etc. I read a chapter of "The Fortress of Solitude" there. Hoorah! Hopefully the title (#thanksJonathanLethem) doesn't represent my life.

omgahhipsterpic (again at the Neckar Wiese)

A serendipitous observation on my walk back to the house. Too bad I missed the NOP. 

FLOWERZ

MORE FLOWERZ! I really enjoy all the gardens people have here. Every yard seems to be full of various rose bushes and "other flower" bushes (I don't know names of flowers, who am I kidding), so I hope people don't mind I've been stalking their plants.

Example of one of the awesome houses people have here. 

And finally, a picturesque bike in front of a church. Pretty much everyone here gets around by bike, which I find to be pretty cool. I finally also have a bike, and although it is really really old and rusty and w/e, it's really nice to be able to get around with it. It's definitely also a walkable city, but that takes a lot longer than biking. And, biking through the fields nearby is quite idyllic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers